Yellow [hola] permalink
I'm ilithya, a multidisciplinary artist, freelance creative developer and designer from México, based in Hamburg, Germany.
As an artist I have a keen interest in illustration, street art, and music. I create artworks with programming and algorithms. My preferred medium to produce is writing shaders in OpenGL Shading Language.
I'm currently exploring audio reactivity, machine learning, and a variety of new media art technologies to create art on the web, physical installations, and music videos as visualizers. I'm interested in creating unusual emotional and captivating visual experiences, sometimes interactive, as I push and pull the intersection of art and technology.
Collectives or residencies I've taken part of:
I recently started dipping my toes into NFT waters — find some of my work in Foundation.
As a designer and developer, I care about:
- CSS methodologies
- Design systems
- DRY patterns
- Emotional design
- GLSL shaders
- Graceful degradation
- Pattern libraries
- Modular architectures
- Style guides
- UX & UI
- Web standards
I had the opportunity to work with big clients like L'Oreal, Hornbach, Weber, Douglas and Stanford University.
I wore different creative hats in the past including photography, media production and graphic design. I have a BA in Marketing, passion for creating the unusual and curiosity for technology. My aspiration has always been to combine these skills and experiences to produce memorable outcomes.
Follow me permalink
- Artstadt // Exhibit #2 // Hamburg
- CADAF // Digital Art Month // Paris
- Playrecordmint // Interactive Art // Basel
- DTD // Night Lights Denver
- glitch.cool // Orbiting The Glitch
- VJ Open Lab // Speakers' Corner // Berlin
- Neo Shibuya NMA // 30 Secs Museum // Tokyo
- Ars Electronica .ART // Concrete House
- Escape 010101 // VR Party + A/V Exhibit
Virtual Exhibitions 2020:
- Muse x CODAME // Solo Exhibit
- CODAME // ART + TECH Gallery
- Ars Electronica .ART // Global Gallery
- Escape 010101 // VR Maze Exhibit
- Awwwards // Mobile Site of the Week
- Awwwards // 2 Honorable Mentions
- Awwwards // Mobile Excellence
- Awwwards // Mobile Site of the Year Nominee
- CSS Design Awards // Special Kudos
- CodePen Radio // Podcast
- AGORA // Interview
- Three.js Journey // Feature
- Frog Modulations // Interview
- Alex Trost's Stream // Guest Appearance
- Frontend Horse // Feature
- Codrops Collective // Feature
- Creative Portfolios // Feature
- Matuzovic's YouTube // Feature
What's all about those hands?
I grew up in a school with all kinds of kids, including hearing-impaired ones, up until I was fifteen. We had to learn the sign language alphabet and parts of the language to communicate better with them.
I'm a traveler and have lived in a few countries, so I find it astonishing how sign language crosses barriers that spoken languages don't.
Support me permalink
If my work inspired you, or you've learned something new with any of the free content I create, you can get me a matcha latte to boost my motivation.
You can support me and my art directly by collecting my digital artworks as NFTs.
Contact me permalink
I'm available the third quarter of 2022 for commissions on visual art, video visualizers, and other digital artworks or creative projects.
Drop me a line at email@example.com