Yellow [hola] permalink
I'm ilithya, a multidisciplinary artist with a background in creative development and design from México, based in Hamburg, Germany.
As an artist I have a keen interest in technology, illustration, street art, and music. I create artworks with programming and algorithms. My preferred medium to produce is writing shaders in OpenGL Shading Language.
I'm currently exploring audio reactivity, machine learning, and a variety of new media art technologies to create art on the web, physical installations, and audiovisual art. I'm interested in creating unusual emotional and captivating visual experiences, sometimes interactive, as I push and pull the intersection of art and technology.
Artist collectives and residencies:
I co-host a twitch stream to learn and practice shaders with Eliza Struthers Jobin called curiouslyminded since end of 2020. We pair program and invite diverse artists to share their genius.
Past community work:
- CodePen Hamburg // Founder 2017 - 2020
- CodePenDay Hamburg // Co-organizer 2017
- Women Techmakers Hamburg // Co-organizer 2016
As a designer and developer, I care about:
- CSS methodologies
- Design systems
- DRY patterns
- Emotional design
- GLSL shaders
- Graceful degradation
- Pattern libraries
- Modular architectures
- Style guides
- UX & UI
- Web standards
I had the opportunity to work with big clients like L'Oreal, Hornbach, Weber, Douglas and Stanford University.
I'm self-taught by nature, continuously learning new topics. I wore different creative hats in the past including transcreation, photography, media production, graphic design, and copywriting. I have a BA in Marketing, passion for creating the unusual and curiosity for technology. My aspiration has been always to combine these skills and experiences to produce memorable outcomes.
What's all about those hands?
I grew up in a school with all kinds of kids, including hearing-impaired ones, up until I was fifteen. We had to learn the sign language alphabet and parts of the language to communicate better with them.
I'm a traveler and have lived in a few countries, so I find it astonishing how sign language crosses barriers that spoken languages don't.
Follow me permalink
- DTD // Night Lights Denver — Colorado
- CADAF // Digital Art Month — Paris
- playrecordmint // Interactive NFTs — Basel
- Pop Up Art Gallery // Exhibit #3 — Hamburg
- Artstadt // Exhibit #2 — Hamburg
- glitch.cool // Orbiting The Glitch
- VJ Open Lab // Speakers' Corner — Berlin
- Neo Shibuya NMA // 30 Secs Museum — Tokyo
- Ars Electronica .ART // Concrete House
- Escape 010101 // VR Party + A/V Exhibit
Virtual Exhibitions 2020:
- Muse x CODAME // Solo Exhibit
- CODAME // ART + TECH Gallery
- Ars Electronica .ART // Global Gallery
- Escape 010101 // VR Maze Exhibit
- Awwwards // Mobile Site of the Week
- Awwwards // 2 Honorable Mentions
- Awwwards // Mobile Excellence
- Awwwards // Mobile Site of the Year Nominee
- CSS Design Awards // Special Kudos
- CodePen Radio // Podcast
- AGORA // Interview
- Three.js Journey // Feature
- Frog Modulations // Interview
- Alex Trost's Stream // Guest Appearance
- Frontend Horse // Feature
- Creative Portfolios // Feature
- Matuzovic's YouTube // Feature
Support me permalink
Either choice will make me happy:
Contact me permalink
I'm available the last quarter of 2022 for commissions on generative art, video visualizers, and other digital artworks or creative projects.
Drop me a line at email@example.com